DR. H. DAVIS
B.Sc., M.B., CH.B., D.P.M. D.C.H, F.R.C.P.(C), F.A.C.F.P.
FAIRMONT MEDICAL BUILDING
SUITE 1211 -750 WEST BROADWAY
VANCOUVER, B.C. V5Z 1J2
1. Psychiatrist in Private Practice, Vancouver.
2. Psychiatrist in the Department of Psychiatry, St. Paulís Hospital, Vancouver.
3. Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, UBC.
B.Sc. (Pure Science - Psychology and Physiology) - University of Capetown.
M.B., Ch.B. (M.D.) - University of Capetown.
(D.C.H.) - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, London, England.
DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE:
D.P.M.) U.C.T. 1972 (Postgraduate Specialist degree in Psychiatry and Neurology).
Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Canada, 1979.
Fellowship of the American College of Forensic Psychiatry, 1992.
45711 Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada, 1978.
Medical Council of Canada, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.
1. House Physician, Department of Paediatrics 1954 Groote Schuur Hospital.
2. House Surgeon - Department Surgery, 1954, Groote Schuur Hospital.
3. House Surgeon - Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 1955, Greyís Hospital, Pietermaritzburg.
4. Queen Elizabeth Hospital for children, Institute of Child Health, London, England, 1956 - 1957.
S. General Practice, Cape town, South Africa, 1958 - 1970.
6. Post Graduate study and Regis trarship, Department of Psychiatry, Groote Schuur Hospital,CapetOWn, 1970 - 1972.
7. Stikiand Hospital (Mental Hospital), University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, 1972 - 1973.
8. Residency Programme, Department of Psychiatry, Vancouver General Hospital and St. Paulís Hospital, Vancouver, 1979.
9. Private Practice, Vancouver, 1980 to present.
10. Former Consultant Psychiatrist, University of Capetown and Groote Schuur Hospital.
11. Cinical Instructor, Department of Psychiatry, UBC
12. Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, UBC.
13. Examiner in Psychiatry, Undergraduate Programme, UB C.
14. Honorary Psychiatrist, Louis Brier Home for the Aged.
15. Medical Advisory Committee, Louis Brier Home and Hospi tal.
1. Member, American College of Forensic Psychiatrists.
2. Member, B.C. College of Physician and Surgeons.
3. Member, Canadian Academy Psychiatry and the Law.
4. Member, Canadian Medical Association.
5. Member, Canadian Psychiatric Association.
6. Member, International Association for Lhe Study of Pain.
7. Member, The Canadian Pain Society.
8. Member, Medical-Legal Society of B.C.
9. Member, The North Pacific Society of Neurology and Psychiatry. Elected Fellow, 1996.
Psychiatric aspects of Laryngectomy (Groote Schuur Hospital and Stellenbosch University, Departments of Psychiatry and ENT).
The Wives of Alcoholics: Groote Schuur Hospital.
Traumatic Neurosis: Groote Schuur Hospital.
Post Partum Psychosis: St. Paulís Hospital.
The Ganser Syndrome: St. Paulís Hospital.
Sandoz Panel, Sleep Disorders.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, American College of Forensic Psychiatry.
Symposium, Psychosexual Medicine, Cambridge University, U.K. 4.
1. Limbic Theory of Emotion (dissertation).
2. Psychiatric Aspects of Laryngectomy (S.A.M.J., 17th. November, 1973).
3. Psychiatric Aspects of Shoplifting (S.A.M.J., 26th May, 1979).
4. The Chronic Pain Syndrome: The Advocate. Vol. 46;6;Nov. 88.
5. Shoplifting: Medicolegal Considerations: The Advocate; Vol.47;1;Jan 89
6. The Whiplash Injury: The Advocate;Vol.47;4;Jul 89
7. Shoplifting and Kleptomania: American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry, Vol.II;1;1990
8. Post Concussion Syndrome: B.C.M.J. April, 1990.
9. The Head Injury - A Psycholegal Overview: The Advocate; VOl.49; l;Jan 91
10. Cervical Sprain Syndrome: B.C.M.J. March, 1991.
11. Erotomania: B.C.M.J. 33:669, 1991.
12. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: B.C.M.J. August, 1993.
13. Compensation Neurosis: The Advocate; 51; 6:Nov.93
14. Whiplash Disability Claims; A Psychiatric Perspective, American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry: 5: 1; 1994: 31-40.
15. Adult Head Injuries: Psycho-Organic Aspects: American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry: 18: 3; 1997: 59-73.
16. Psychogenic Aspects of Chronic Pain: B.C.M.J. October, 1997.
17. The Enigma of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: The Advocate; Vol .57;1;Jan 99
18. Chronic Pain, A Psycholegal Overview: American Journal of Forensic Psychiatry: 20: 4; 1999.